Alastair Bray (23 April 1993) is an Australian Goalkeeper who plays for Hyundai A-League club Melbourne Victory and the Australian U-23 National Team.
An accomplished junior footballer, Bray was a graduate of Victoria’s Institute of Sport and National Training Centre program, making up a part of the illustrious 2009 squad that included the likes of Jamie Maclaren, Nick Ansell and Jake Barker-Daish.
Melbourne Heart soon came calling, signing Bray to a National Youth League deal ahead of the 2011-12 season.
After regularly training with the first team squad, Bray resisted interests from abroad in order to establish himself within the Australian set-up, returning to the Bentleigh Greens in the Victorian Premier League after his contract expired.
Two impressive seasons followed for the shot-stopper, leading the team in their dream FFA Cup run in 2014, reaching the Semi-Finals and winning the NPL Victoria Championship in 2015.
In September 2015, Bray was called up to the Australian U-23 National Team, the Olyroos.
Australian National Team
- Australian Youth Men’s representation
- International Youth U-16 Championships in Montaigne, France in February 2009
- Played in 3-game international tournament against New Zealand
- U-19 World Cup squad
- NPL Under 21 Player of the Year – 2013
- National Youth League Coaches Award – 2011/12
- Held full time scholarship with the VIS – Victorian Institute of Sport – 2008-2009
|2012||→ Bullen Lions||21||(0)|
|2013–15||→ Bentleigh Greens||57||(0)|
|2006||Australia U-16, 19, 23||0||(0)|